Why Princess Elena is Important to me

Some of you may know if you follow me on any of my social media that my favorite princess is Princess Tiana. Not just because she is the same race as me. But because in personality and attitude i am just like her. We are both ambitious, hardoworking, dreamers, loving, kind and have a good soul and head on our shoulders. I have roots in Nnew Orleans through my own grandmother and i have always loved the city. So when this movie and this character came out it was like i was becoming a princess. But representation is so important, for all ages.

And this is why Elena is so important to me. I have a friend, who's name i won't share because she gets embarrassed easily, who i watched burst into tears of joy when she saw the merchandise for Princess Elena. To see her weep over finally having a latina princess, who could represent her culture and represent the beauty of her people took me back to how i felt when i first saw tiana. Just like Tiana, Elena will be representation for so many little latina girls.



I just recently went to the Disney store and her merch was at the front of the store. So many little girls were entranced by Elena and her story. Rumor is there will be a coronation for Elena featuring Cinderella, Prince Charming and a few songs as well but i honestly hope elena comes through as the princess for my friends who can relate to her a tiana has dome for me. It will be an honor to meet elena in september personally.

Comments

Popular Posts