St. Regis DC Hotel Review

Last weekend i went to DC for the AwesomeCon event with my friend Patrick and had an absolute blast! Pics will be coming later today!

But today i want to gush about the gorgeous luxury hotel called the St. Regis DC which was celebrating its 90th anniversary this year.

Patrick happens to work at the sister hotel in Atlanta which he says is more modern whereas the DC is more classic. Personally i liked the classic feel but I'm an old soul.

Now when we first arrived i was very surprised by the warm welcome. as soon as we arrived one gentleman helped me out my car while another promptly took our luggage out the trunk for us. 

I was in awe of how gorgeous the lobby alone was! So breathtaking! And everyone was so kind and welcoming and helpful.

Im a sucker for Chandeliers 

How gorgeous is the lobby!

Nice, Quiet spot to read

Check out the Detail on the Lobby Ceiling

Reminds me of Gone of the Wind 

Another Chandelier Shot! 

Its so simplistic yet Classy

Patrick in Action

In love with the Piano


The furniture has a timeless feel to it
The woman at the front desk was very kind and funny! She even recommended we try out the afternoon tea later that day and we agreed! But i will get to that part later.

For now we will move on to the important part: the Hotel Room.

I really liked the amenities and how spacious it was for a hotel room.






Amenities i liked were the fluffy and thick bathrobes which reminded me i need to buy the Tower of Terror bathrobes online next week haha. Also nice slippers to put on! There was a desk in our room complete with stationary and a bose radio. There were numerous charger ports which was a blessing for us since we are covering an event and therefore need every device charged. No fighting or having to take turns sharing ports. The Tv was really nice too and had most channels that we liked. we usually watch CNN anyway so it stayed on that channel.There was also a shoe shine kit in the room which was a first for me during a hotel stay. there was 3 phones throughout the hotel room. i believe one was wireless but the other two were on the desk and in the bathroom actually and that was neat to me! in the bathroom there was the usual items but of such good quality. There was a small chocolate left on our pillows too! Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of the bathroom but trust me it was nice! The shower was so big i could sit in it and still have plenty of room. You legit could put 3 people in this shower. 

Room Service was very prompt when we called upon them. I was so dumb and forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste and they brought it up very quickly along with a shaving kit for patrick. The room service when it came to food was delicious and quick as well. We always got food to our room no longer than 25 mins. It is pricey which is expected since its a luxury hotel but very plentiful. The first day i simply got a Caesar salad and it filled me right up! I was full for about 5 hours actually! There was also a fully stocked mini bar.

We rested a bit and headed down for our 3pm afternoon tea! I am sure i got quite a few stares from staff members and guests as every time i came down to the lobby i was almost always in one of my 3 cosplays haha. I attended afternoon tea as Fix it Felix Jr. from Wreck it Ralph.


A photo posted by Victoria Wade (@hecallsmepineappleprincess) on

Cute shot of Fix it Felix having Afternoon Tea

Table Setting for Afternoon Tea



We chose the vegetarian option for our Tea Time

Anything from the Trolley, Dears?




Tea was absolutely delightful and unfortunately i didn't have time to take a photo of the menu but i provided a link below for readers to take a gander at.  but trust me it is absolutely worth it to try during your stay here. Each tea has a variety of pastires, sandwiches and desserts depending on which option you choose. We chose the vegetarian option as i am currently trying to eat healthier. We also chose the tropical green tea. I almost chose my usual chamomile tea but i wanted to try something different! I can't speak enough about how yummy it was!

Afternoon Tea Menu


We were actually surprised when we paid and the Food and Beverage Manager of the hotel greeted us and offered to show us around the Bar and Hotel Restaurant, Decanter.  We were delighted and took that opportunity and i sort of regretted it because we weren't able to dine in the decanter.

We were told they were going through a refurb but it looked superb! Decanter actually sold me on having my future wedding here haha.




I actually got to see the Decanter with guests dining and it looked so elegant! But here it is closed. It has a great view of the outside, very spacious and decorated in a very modern type feel.





The Above photos are of the private dining room in the Decanter. We were told it was used for people are having weddings or along those lines. I loved the color scheme! I believe we also met the person who was in charge of the bar and he came from the NYC St regis aka the original! He told us all about the history of the hotel in NYC and its DC sister. This inspired me to add a visit to the Original St. Regis on my way through New York. I am heading up to Connecticut with a few friends next week to see Anastasia the Musical and we have to go through New York anyway.

After the first AwesomeCon day we stopped at the bar and had a drink and chatted with a few locals. I had the Sakura Bloom which was, like everything i consumed there, yummy!



A photo posted by Victoria Wade (@hecallsmepineappleprincess) on

The bar snacks were filling too! My compliments to the bartender who knew i was a rum girl right off the bat haha.

Overall the stay was great minus one snaffu on our last day. We were told all weekend that we could use my friend's discount on food and beverage, literally from the moment we checked in, which is the only reason we accepted the afternoon tea. we even asked before we began tea as well and was told yes and every time we used room service we received the discount and asked before we began ordering and was told yes. However on the last day i noticed that my friend was charged full price for his room service meal. I opted to get lunch at the starbucks across the street from the hotel. So apparently we were not supposed to be getting the discounts on our food and beverage meals at all. He didn't know that but none of the employees had told us otherwise when we asked every time so we thought nothing of it. fortunately we got the discount for our other meals except the one my friend had ordered.

But other than that our stay was wonderful. Beds were fluffy, service was excellent and staff were friendly and beyond my expectations! I would recommend it to friends or my readers if you can afford it and ever get the chance to stay there. Personally i will be booking a reservation for Decanter next time i head to DC!

Comments

Popular Posts