"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" : Disney College Program Interview Series

Welcome to the First of Many Disney College Program Alumni Interviews!

This series will explore the DCP journeys of Past and Current Cast members of the Disney Parks, allowing you to get a peek into how the magic is made

MEET JOHNNY KLEIN!




Johnny Klein is a Funny, Free Spirited Young man who completed his time during the Disney College Program at Pinocchio Village Haus Quick Service Restaurant in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland between January 21- August 9 2013.

He shared a few of his experiences with me.

So How did you first Discover this program?

Back in 2012, I had the opportunity to dance in the 3pm parade. I was able to ask a few participants how they did it and how they managed to work there. The rest is history.

Can you describe for me a Magical moment you made or witnessed?

One day when i was working at Pinocchio's Village Haus, a family came in. The family had a young son who happened to be autistic. I greeted the family but noticed the young boy would not speak or make eye contact. I assumed he was shy. So i got down to his level and offered him some mickey stickers. He got so excited that he said his first words of the day to me. He said, "Pretty Sticker." It was such an amazing moment for me and they actually let me go home early because i got so emotional afterwards about it!

Tell me about some experiences, Good or Bad, in your role that was memorable for you?

One day walking into work, they happened to be filming a commercial! It was the one featuring the actress who played Regina from "Once Upon A Time" and I actually got to watch the film it! That was probably one of my favorites!


Here is the actual commercial 


What did you do in your free time?

Some days I would sit and relax on Main Street, writing on my laptop. It was always fun to people watch too! Don't tell anyone but sometimes I did go to Universal Studios!

Which Housing Complex did you Stay in?

CHATHAM!
WOOT WOOT!

Since your program ended, What have you been up to?

I currently am living my dream of changing childrens' lives everyday. I am working as a Dance Teacher and it is my Ultimate dream job!

Johnny also mentioned how doing the program was one of the highlights of his life and he would never change it.

Be sure to follow him on Instagram : 




A photo posted by Johnny Klein💛 (@johnnydances) on

Comments

Popular Posts